Rate limits on issue creation (FREE SELF)
Introduced in GitLab 12.10.
This setting allows you to rate limit the requests to the issue and epic creation endpoints. To can change its value:
- On the top bar, select Menu > Admin.
- On the left sidebar, select Settings > Network.
- Expand Issues Rate Limits.
- Under Max requests per minute, enter the new value.
- Select Save changes.
For example, if you set a limit of 300, requests using the Projects::IssuesController#create action exceeding a rate of 300 per minute are blocked. Access to the endpoint is allowed after one minute.
When using epics, epic creation will share this rate limit with issues.
This limit is:
- Applied independently per project and per user.
- Not applied per IP address.
- Disabled by default. To enable it, set the option to any value other than
Requests over the rate limit are logged into the